Tuscan Pork Sandwich
- TOTAL PREP TIME40 minutes
- DIFFICULTY Easy
- 6 pork chops boneless, 1/2-inch thick
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives pitted, chopped, such as kalamata
- 6 slices eggplant unpeeled, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 loaf French bread OR Italian, crusty, cut in half horizontally
- 1 7-oz jar roasted red peppers halved
- 4 1-oz slices Fontina cheese OR provolone
Prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, Wocestershire, garlic and rosemary in work bowl of food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside 1/3 cup of mixture for basting chops and eggplant. Add olives to remaining mixture and reserve.
Brush chops with olive oil mixture (without olives). Grill chops 3-4 minutes per side until nicely browned. Remove to plate. Brush eggplant with same olive oil mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until just tender. Grill bread halves, cut side down, during last 1-2 minutes of grilling eggplant.
To assemble sandwich, spread reserved olive mixture evenly over bottom half of bread; top with eggplant and cheese slices. Thinly slice pork chops; layer over cheese and top with roasted pepper halves and top half of bread.