Spicy Korean Pork Skewers
- TOTAL PREP TIME20 minutes
- DIFFICULTY Easy
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce *
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger root skins removed and chopped (or substitute 2 teaspoons of ground ginger)
- 4 tablespoons filtered sake or dry sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil *
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Calories: 330 calories
- Protein: 47 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 170 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
In a large bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sake, sesame oil and brown sugar and whisk to form a marinade. Add the cubed pork to the marinade and let sit for 20 minutes.
Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
Thread the marinated cubes of pork on skewers, about 4 to 5 pieces per skewer. Transfer the skewers to the grill and cook, uncovered, turning to brown evenly every 2 to 3 minutes until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
*You can find chili garlic sauce and sesame oil in the ethnic or Asian section of most major supermarkets.
Quick Tip: Make sure to leave plenty of room in between each skewer to avoid overcrowding the meat and assure even cooking.