Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Bruschetta
- TOTAL PREP TIME25 minutes
- DIFFICULTY Easy
- 8-10 slices bacon crispy cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 roma tomatoes (plum), seeded and chopped, about 1 1/3 cup
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 16-oz package French bread cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup blue cheese OR feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Calories: 68 calories
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 121 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 1 grams
In medium bowl, stir together all topping ingredients; set aside. Brush olive oil on both sides of bread slices; place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F., turning once, for 7 minutes per side or until crisp and golden brown; cool. Spoon about 1 tablespoon topping on each toast round.*
Makes about 24 appetizers.
* Or, serve topping in a small bowl, surrounded by the toast rounds.
Tailgate Tip: Prepare and refrigerate topping ingredients and bake toast rounds ahead of time. For best flavor, stir together topping ingredients just before serving.
Analysis is for one piece.